When I was finally home at half past 9, I lay down on my
couch to watch TV, hoping some kind of solution would offer itself via the
flashing screen. I fell asleep and dreamt of people in uniforms coming to my
door and kicking me out of the house, without giving me time to pack my stuff.
I started awake and decided that this time I would have to ask David to do
something for me one last time. I had asked so much of him already, but he was
my best shot at the moment. It was getting quite late already, but I decided that I
would see if his lights were still on and then just ask him. When I got to his
building, I was just in time to see him walk away from the window. I went to
the 3rd floor, knocked on his door and waited.
vrijdag 9 maart 2012
Two
I had a rough day. Seemingly happy I helped all customers
with a friendly smile, but I felt like crying. Just before work, I went through
the freezing cold to visit my mother. I had to ask her for a favour again. The
coffee house in which I have been working since I was 18, was in deep financial trouble,
but I could simply not quit the job: I would probably not be able to find a new
one, and, the shop had been such an important part of my life that I could
never voluntarily throw that away. The owner, Jessica, told me yesterday that
the wages would be somewhat later than usual (as usual). I haven’t had any
salary for three months now, but it would be too hard on me to make a fuzz over. This is why I had to ask my mother if she could borrow me some money for
another month, and this is why I felt tears burning in my eyes the whole day.
She told me she had difficulties to pay her own bills at the moment, due to the
crisis. I felt I could not make life any harder for her at this moment, so I
decided not to ask her for anything. I went to work, was nice to everyone, and
tried to come up with a solution.
Labels:
Everything,
Shared Story #1
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten